Thursday, July 1, 2010

Starting Over


I've started over. I've deleted the old Heathen Housewife blog and begun afresh. I hope those of you that followed my feeble attempt at a blog before are able to find me again. Hopefully this blog will be better and I will be able to be more consistent with posts.
I'm also trying to start my life over, so to speak. No, I haven't moved, or gotten divorced, and there haven't been any deaths in the family. I simply feel the urge to cut away the old and throw it away. Call it a spiritual awakening of sorts. I have been at odds with my spirituality in the past few months: questioning too much (perhaps when I shouldn't), making assumptions based on nothing, closing my mind to the call of the gods. All of this I vow to change. One of the worst things I did, perhaps my biggest mistake of all, was to try and shut Loki out. Don't laugh. I was merely trying to protect myself (or so I thought). I listened to too many other heathens who said if you drink with Loki too often he will eventually bite you in the backside. What I didn't take into consideration is that Loki often walks beside the All-Father and was probably always in my life, a big part of my life, in the first place. And I used to be coll with that. Totally at ease. The minute I started to question that, all the little bad things started happening. Just little annoying things, but if you add them all up, and add in the fact that I didn't deal with these events in the healthiest, most rational manner, it all created quite a sinkhole in my life. I fought these events and changes tooth and nail, something I would not have done a few months back. And I suddenly realized I was fighting Loki. We'd always been okay before. I'm trying to make it all okay again. I'm changing. And I'm not going to fight it. I'm going to go with the flow, which is what I should've kept doing. That's what I get for listening to more experienced heathens. There are those of us who actually have a healthy, semi-stable relationship with Loki. I'm ready to embrace it once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment